Witch hunt. It is a term that has come to mean the unjustified chase after generally innocent people whom another has blamed all sorts of awful things. . Coming from the late 1600s when the Puritans were especially worried that devilry was being practiced… basically everywhere, it turned into a rather darkly black stain in our history when several accused were executed for the dire practice of witchcraft.
But, the story is not yet over for the few true witches that were executed, unable to enact their magic and escape their fate. If those witches did return to life during the thinning of the veil to let the world know what a sad mistake it made as they come back to haunt their accusers with this Salem Witch costume. This black interlock dress with wide sleeves is reminiscent of Puritan garb though has certainly seen better days. Tatters and jagged hems and cuffs reveal that you have suffered and the bloody stains and vinyl noose will be a grim reminder of the events of 1692 Salem. Gather up your accessories… mini cauldron, broomstick, or even familiar… and let the world see what they have tried to forget!
- 100% polyester interlock knit & poplin fabrics
- Black interlock dress has wide sleeves, jagged hem & cuffs, back Velcro tab closure
- White poplin collar has printed blood stains; fastens at back w/ Velcro
- White poplin apron has jagged hem, printed bloodstains, self-fabric waist ties
- Black interlock conical witch hat has white poplin band, wire-edged brim
- Vinyl noose shaped like hangman’s rope
|Chest||32″ – 36″||36″ – 42″||40″ – 44″||42″ – 46″|
|Waist||22″ – 32″||26″ – 34″||28″ – 36″||32″ – 40″|